At the age of eight, Natalie Kra made a big decision that would set the stage for the rest of her life. Long before it was trendy to be vegetarian, Natalie decided to stop eating meat. Little did she know that her love of animals and passion for the environment would be the driving force behind the choices that today give her life so much meaning and purpose.
In today’s episode, environmental activist and sustainability consultant Natalie Kra talks about what it means to follow your passions and commit to something bigger than yourself — even if it’s unpopular, strange or sometimes controversial.
IN THIS EPISODE WE DISCUSS…
- Why Natalie chose to become a vegetarian (and later a vegan) despite growing up in a meat-eating family.
- How small, consistent changes in the right direction will save the planet.
- Why embracing a plant-based diet can help to reverse the damaging effects of climate change.
- The secret to beating the blues and getting through tough times.
- And much, much more…
“Get outside. Even if you live in an urban area, there’s somewhere outside that you can go to where you can feel really good and feel connected to this place where we all come from” – Natalie Kra
“Start small. A small change can make a huge difference.” – Natalie Kra
- Natalie Kra – Instagram: Nattysplate LinkedIn: Natalie Kra
- An Inconvenient Sequel : Truth to Power
- Vegan in 7: Delicious Plant-Based Recipes in 7 Ingredients or Fewer by Rita Serano
- HowieDoinIt Facebook community
- Roundabout Recordings Studio
- Cruiseport Executive Conference Center & Offices
- Persist Communications
SUBSCRIBE, RATE, & REVIEW
If you enjoyed today’s episode of HowieDoinIt, hit the subscribe button in Apple Podcasts, (or whatever podcast app you use) so future episodes are automatically downloaded directly to your device.
You can also help by providing an honest rating & review over on Apple Podcasts. Reviews go a long way in helping us build awareness so that we can impact even more people. THANK YOU!
If you think our message can inspire someone you know to make a change, please share the podcast with your friends.
And if you want Howie to answer your questions in an upcoming episode, drop him a line at email@example.com
CONNECT WITH HOWIE
To learn more and get access to all episodes, visit our podcast page!