As a speaker, businessman and communication strategist, Michael Hudson has no trouble presenting to large audiences and influential leaders around the country. He knows how to use words to move people to action and, more importantly, bring them together in consensus. But it wasn’t always like that. At the age of 10, Michael lost his voice after a terrifying trauma that stole his confidence and haunted him for decades.
In today’s episode, Michael explains why he avoided attention despite a strong desire to step into the spotlight, and how he transformed a painful childhood experience into a successful business that helps companies effectively communicate with their most important clients. Michael shares his struggle with obesity and how it made him more empathetic to the struggles of others, as well as the inflection points that marked important moments in his life.
IN THIS EPISODE WE DISCUSS…
- The childhood trauma that “silenced” Michael for more than a decade, and the speech that changed his life.
- What a “life map” is and why it’s so important to understanding your purpose.
- How to find the “throughline” of your life so you can be more effective in business.
- Why it’s hard to ask for help, and why you should ask anyway.
- And much more…
“Tell them a story, teach them a lesson.” – Michael Hudson
“You want to be the most interesting person at a networking event? Be the one who asks the most interesting questions.” – Michael Hudson
- Michael Hudson – https://www.MichaelHudson.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Do More Great Work: Stop the Busywork. Start the Work That Matters by Michael Bungay Stainer
- HowieDoinIt Facebook community
- Roundabout Recordings Studio
- Cruiseport Executive Conference Center & Offices
- Persist Communications
SUBSCRIBE, RATE, & REVIEW
If you enjoyed today’s episode of HowieDoinIt, hit the subscribe button in Apple Podcasts, (or whatever podcast app you use) so future episodes are automatically downloaded directly to your device.
You can also help by providing an honest rating & review over on Apple Podcasts. Reviews go a long way in helping us build awareness so that we can impact even more people. THANK YOU!
If you think our message can inspire someone you know to make a change, please share the podcast with your friends.
And if you want Howie to answer your questions in an upcoming episode, drop him a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
CONNECT WITH HOWIE
To learn more and get access to all episodes, visit our podcast page!