Ellen Latham never set out to build a billion dollar fitness empire with more than a million customers and thousands of exercise studios around the world. But at the age of 54, that’s exactly what she did.
In today’s episode, Ellen Latham, the founder and co-owner of Orangetheory Fitness, describes her humble beginnings in Niagara Falls, N.Y. and the unexpected turn of events that led to the creation and growth of one of the most successful franchises in America. Ellen talks about being fired from her “dream job” as a single mother in her 40s, and why it was arguably the best thing to ever happen to her career.
IN THIS EPISODE WE DISCUSS…
- Why getting comfortable with discomfort is the key to achieving ultimate success.
- What “momentum shift” is and why it’s the cornerstone of every great achievement.
- How Ellen found the courage to start Orangetheory Fitness in her 50s and the fears she had to overcome.
- The Orangtheory framework that can be applied to business and life.
- And much, much more…
“I think you become successful when you’re a good observer. It’s not always about being in action. It’s about learning to observe.” – Ellen Latham
“Get really good at knowing what you want and what you need to do to get there.” – Ellen Latham
- Orange Theory Fitness website
- PUSH: A Guide To Living An All Out Life, The Story of OrangeTheory Fitness book
- HowieDoinIt Facebook community
- Roundabout Recordings Studio
- Cruiseport Executive Conference Center & Offices
- Persist Communications
SUBSCRIBE, RATE, & REVIEW
If you enjoyed today’s episode of HowieDoinIt, hit the subscribe button in Apple Podcasts, (or whatever podcast app you use) so future episodes are automatically downloaded directly to your device.
You can also help by providing an honest rating & review over on Apple Podcasts. Reviews go a long way in helping us build awareness so that we can impact even more people. THANK YOU!
If you think our message can inspire someone you know to make a change, please share the podcast with your friends.
And if you want Howie to answer your questions in an upcoming episode, drop him a line at email@example.com
CONNECT WITH HOWIE
To learn more and get access to all episodes, visit our podcast page!