David Rendall was not born a gifted intellectual or a naturally-talented athlete. He didn’t graduate top of his class or become an all-star champion. In fact, for much of his life, David struggled with dyslexia and was so accident-prone there was a time he stopped playing sports altogether. And then, he had an epiphany. Why not reframe your biggest weaknesses to be greatest strengths.
In today’s episode, international speaker and leadership expert David Rendall shares his journey growing up in a trailer park in Milwaukee, Wisconsin with a learning disorder to becoming a sought-after speaker, award-winning author and IronMan triathlete who encourages everyone to reframe how they look at their weaknesses and embrace their inner “freak”.
IN THIS EPISODE WE DISCUSS…
- David’s childhood and how it set the stage for his future success.
- How to identify and leverage your “freak factor”.
- Why our weaknesses can actually be our strengths.
- The crazy athletic feats David has undertaken, the bones he’s broken and why he has no plans of stopping.
- And much, much more…
“Your strengths and your weakness(es) are connected. You can’t have one without the other.” – David Rendall
“A goal that you don’t write down is a dream.” – Howie Kra
- David Rendall website
- The Freak Factor, Discovering Uniqueness by Flaunting Weakness by David Rendall
- The Freak Factor for Kids
- TedxMcHenry – The Opposite of a Good Thing
- HowieDoinIt Facebook community
- Roundabout Recordings Studio
- Cruiseport Executive Conference Center & Offices
- Persist Communications
SUBSCRIBE, RATE, & REVIEW
If you enjoyed today’s episode of HowieDoinIt, hit the subscribe button in Apple Podcasts, (or whatever podcast app you use) so future episodes are automatically downloaded directly to your device.
You can also help by providing an honest rating & review over on Apple Podcasts. Reviews go a long way in helping us build awareness so that we can impact even more people. THANK YOU!
If you think our message can inspire someone you know to make a change, please share the podcast with your friends.
And if you want Howie to answer your questions in an upcoming episode, drop him a line at email@example.com
CONNECT WITH HOWIE
To learn more and get access to all episodes, visit our podcast page!