Good communication with people you care about is hard work, even in the best of times. Throw a pandemic and stay-at-home orders into the mix, and the task seems monumental. For David Bulitt (a divorce attorney) and his wife, Julie Bulitt (a marriage and family therapist), good communication is the cornerstone of all great relationships, whether personal or professional. Unfortunately, most people suck at it.
In today’s episode, relationship experts, authors and happily-married partners for 33 years, David and Julie Bulitt describe the 5 core conversations couples need to have for a healthy, happy relationship, and how to navigate the pitfalls people fall into when hashing out issues.
IN THIS EPISODE WE DISCUSS…
- The #1 thing happy couples avoid to keep their relationships strong and healthy.
- Why people have such a hard time communicating clearly and effectively.
- How to have difficult conversations in relationships.
- The recipe for a good relationship, whether at home or at work.
- And much, much more…
“The maintenance of relationships is basic, and a lot of people don’t do it. They get very comfortable and just don’t do the work to keep it going.” – Julie Bulitt
“Because people don’t take the time to tend to their relationships, their relationships wither and die. The same thing happens in a corporate environment.” – David Bulitt
- David and Julie Bulitt website
- The Five Core Conversations For Couples Book
- Connect with the Bulitts on:
- HowieDoinIt Facebook community
- Roundabout Recordings Studio
- Cruiseport Executive Conference Center & Offices
- Persist Communications
SUBSCRIBE, RATE, & REVIEW
If you enjoyed today’s episode of HowieDoinIt, hit the subscribe button in Apple Podcasts, (or whatever podcast app you use) so future episodes are automatically downloaded directly to your device.
You can also help by providing an honest rating & review over on Apple Podcasts. Reviews go a long way in helping us build awareness so that we can impact even more people. THANK YOU!
If you think our message can inspire someone you know to make a change, please share the podcast with your friends.
And if you want Howie to answer your questions in an upcoming episode, drop him a line at email@example.com
CONNECT WITH HOWIE
To learn more and get access to all episodes, visit our podcast page!