In 1985, just after high school graduation, Alan T. Brown received a phone call that no one wants to get. One of his best friends, Danny, was paralyzed from the waist down after breaking his back in a terrible car accident. Danny was just 18-years-old.
Little did Alan know he would find himself in a similar predicament a few years later while on vacation with friends in the Caribbean. In the blink of an eye, Alan went from being a healthy young man who loved playing sports to lying on his back unable to move.
On today’s show, Alan talks about the accident that completely changed his life, and how he turned a personal tragedy into a triumph.
IN THIS EPISODE WE DISCUSS…
- Growing up in New York City and his family’s long tradition of charity.
- How he became a quadriplegic just weeks before his 21st birthday.
- Why having a sense of humor is the best medicine.
- Why giving back is more important than receiving.
- And much more…
“I’m so not done. I can’t wait to see how I can make the world even better.” – Alan T. Brown
“Regardless of what goes on with the weather, the sun will rise.” – Howie Kra
- HowieDoinIt Facebook community
- The Miami Project To Cure Paralysis – The Buoniconti Fund
- Alan T. Brown Foundation
- Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation
- 2019 A Magical Evening fundraiser
- Help me raise money for spinal cord
- Cruiseport Executive Conference Center & Offices
SUBSCRIBE, RATE, & REVIEW
If you enjoyed today’s episode of HowieDoinIt, hit the subscribe button in Apple Podcasts, (or whatever podcast app you use) so future episodes are automatically downloaded directly to your device.
You can also help by providing an honest rating & review over on Apple Podcasts. Reviews go a long way in helping us build awareness so that we can impact even more people. THANK YOU!
If you think our message can inspire someone you know to make a change, please share the podcast with your friends.
And if you want Howie to answer your questions in an upcoming episode, drop him a line at email@example.com
CONNECT WITH HOWIE
To learn more and get access to all episodes, visit our podcast page!