Before launching a successful international speaking career, veteran basketball performance coach Alan Stein Jr. worked with the world’s leading coaches and athletes — legends like Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant and LeBron James. Alan saw firsthand how elite athletes trained on the court and, more importantly, what they do when no one is watching.
“The guys that want the ball at the end of the game are the ones who have earned the confidence during the unseen hours,” Alan says. “They’ve made enough shots in empty gyms to know that they deserve an opportunity to win the game when it’s crunch time.”
In today’s episode, Alan shares what he’s learned from his time spent with world class athletes and how the principles used on the court can be applied to both life and business.
IN THIS EPISODE WE DISCUSS…
- The unseen habits of world class athletes.
- What elite basketball players know about winning on-the-court and off.
- How to leverage discipline to perform more difficult-to-achieve tasks in everyday life.
- Why comparing yourself to others is a losing game.
- And so much more…
“Just because something is basic, doesn’t mean it’s easy. Whatever it is you want to be good at, the most efficient and effective way of getting there is to continuously master the basics.” – Alan Stein Jr.
“If you’re worried about something that you have control over, then stop worrying and do something about it.” – Alan Stein Jr.
- Alan Stein Jr. – http://www.AlanSteinJr.com
- Raise Your Game: High Performance Secrets From the Best of the Best
- HowieDoinIt Facebook community
- Roundabout Recordings Studio
- Cruiseport Executive Conference Center & Offices
- Persist Communications
SUBSCRIBE, RATE, & REVIEW
If you enjoyed today’s episode of HowieDoinIt, hit the subscribe button in Apple Podcasts, (or whatever podcast app you use) so future episodes are automatically downloaded directly to your device.
You can also help by providing an honest rating & review over on Apple Podcasts. Reviews go a long way in helping us build awareness so that we can impact even more people. THANK YOU!
If you think our message can inspire someone you know to make a change, please share the podcast with your friends.
And if you want Howie to answer your questions in an upcoming episode, drop him a line at email@example.com
CONNECT WITH HOWIE
To learn more and get access to all episodes, visit our podcast page!